Thursday, July 21, 2011

North America WC trip - Matej Charvat

Trip started on 27th June, when I flew to Montreal. I met my teammate Adam Brayton and Matt Scoles(Trek Cingolani) at the Airport. We were picked up by Elka Suspension's Patrick T. who helped us a lot. We had a drive to the races with a big Elka trailer equipped by a workshop, expotents and all what we needed. We packed up and went to the first WC in North America this year.



Mont Saint Anne (CAN)
The track was very simillar to the last years World Champs. We did some testing with Elka on Thursday on a different tracks to pre-setup the suspension for the race. It started to rain really heavy when the practice started. The track was almost like a river. I had a few crashes in my training runs. I didn't feel the best, but I made it in qualification on Friday. I slightly corrected my lines on Saturday for the finals. The weather turned to a bit sunny for Saturday and Sunday and the track started to dry. It was really fast for the finals.

I put a solid run together with a few mistakes, but still good for a long track like this one. I also did a famous nosedive on the last jump, but I saved it in the last moment.

I finished on 33rd - good result for me and we could move happy to cca 700km far Windham (USA) for next round of WC.


Windham, NY (USA)
This track was also almost the same like last year WC. It was also a bit wet at the beginning of practice, but it started to dry fast.

This track is one of the shorter ones on the circuit (maybe the shortest). Times are really tight and every hundred of a second counts. I was really confident in training and in Fridays qualification. I qualified on 26th. I knew that I can do top30 in the finals. Sundays final was a really tough battle.

I did a solid and smooth run with just a few operatively changed lines. I finished 32nd at the end of the day!!! Just for fun - there were 12 riders in my second, which proves a really tight field.

You can also watch a GoPro video from Mont-Sainte-Anne:

Banshee does Mt St Anne World Cup from Jacob Gibbins on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment