Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Matej Charvat - 2011 recap

We are all probably getting ready for 2012 racing season, but I'm coming back to show you a bit of my 2011 racing.

I've been racing for Banshee Bikes Factory team with my team mate Adam Brayton and we had an awesome time. I spent almost all weekends of the season at the races. I did whole World Cup except South Africa, most of IXS European DH Cup, a few other races plus a lot of training and riding. It was simply fun with some solid results.

First of all, there is a video footage which hasn't been released yet. It shows some Worldcups, Dirt Jumps, MX and World Champs of 2011.

Matej Charvat - 2011 on pinkbike.com

For whole story with more photos and a




As a bonus, here we have some pictures:


I was a bit unlucky this season in WC qualis. I was really confident when the season started, as I qualified myself for all races back in 2010. But I put myself under a little stress too. Here is the spot in La Bresse, where I crashed in Qualification. I was simply too fast and landed too far, a little bit nosedived for sure, haha.



Another missed finals - Fort William. I was really enjoying the course this year. I was training with Brayton all the week, having fun. I had really good run in the qualis, but slipped a bit off the line at the bottom, missed the bridge and fell into the stream...a minute from the finishline, haha. At least, I was happy to get 6th at first split.



We also had some fun at Brayton's - Keswick, UK. Lovely place, really. As Adam said: "The best place in the world".



One of the races of IXS EDC also visited my home country, Czech Republic. I think everybody was loving the track, except the pissing rain following us for whole weekend. I finished 3rd in the end.



I was also having fun on Worlds in Champery. The track is one of my favorites and I enjoyed a whole week of training. I also had a solid run in qualis, finishing 21st. BUT!!, the mud on Sunday was a thing. I was really looking forward to that, because I like mud and I've been racing there all World Cups before.. But this was crazy, again. I was feeling good until I crashed for the first time...after that I crashed 3 more times. Really wild run, who has not seen this in real, can't understand how massive this is.



I didn't ride my MX bike through the season too often. I had no time. Here is one of the autumn rides.



If you are interested in more pictures from 2011, you can see the whole album at my profile.

Anybody, who is interested in what I'm doing can follow me on my fb page: http://www.facebook.com/matejcharvatofficialpage
or on my twitter: http://www.twitter.com/matejcharvat



I would like to thanks to my 2011 sponsors, which helped me a lot to make this happened.
*Banshee Bikes
*Alpine-pro
*Hant
*Maxxis
*RaceFace
*Elka
*WTB
*e*13
*HT
*Cane Creek
*Crank Brothers
*Ultim8shop.cz
*Gravitymag.com
*Krabcycles
*Bluegrass Eagle
*Inkospor
*Framewrap
*GoPro
*Five.Ten

And another special thanks to Gravitymag.com's Patrik Prochazka, who traveled with me to some races and made the most of the pictures above, the first one is by Ken81.

No comments:

Post a Comment